Colorado Fisherman Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
249 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Had a fun day. Got there about 10 am. LOTS of fisherman in so little room. Started off and right away had a few bites. Then we would get wind gusts. We were throwing power bait balls on bottom. Then my dads line go blown over onto the dock where a whole bunch of other fisherman were. We felt bad so I went over there apologized and started pulling my dads line in by hand. Right when I start pulling it feels heavy. I start thinking i probably pulled some weeds. Then right when I see my tear drop weight, i see a fish. I then started laughing. i pull it up and it was a healthy 14 in. Then we sat there for about 30 min. then the people on the dock leave. We get up there and right away my dad catches another 14 iner. Then i decide to throw a kastmaster with rainbow colors. I throw it right up the dock and have 1 follow in by a small little stocker. Then throw it out more, then a HUGE fish swims right under it. I think it was 1 of the monster trout. Because it didnt look anything like a Northern, but I would estimate that trout to be over 10lb. I started freaking out but never got it...lol. I then got tired of throwing it out and put powerbait on. Right when i get my stuff in the water, my dad starts reeling in another fish. This was a healthy 16 inches. The wind started picking up and i pull the 3 fish out to gut em. My dad reels his rod in, takes all the stuff to the car. I get the fish gutted, put in a bag and take the guts to the trash, i walk back to get my rod. I start reeling in, then it got heavy. Once again, saw the wieght then see a fish. I was laughing yet again. It was 15 inches, but it was wierd. It was REALLY dark. It was a trout, but you can make out colors, but everything is EXTREMELY dark. The meat was pink, but I just thought it was wierd. Anyone who knows if anything is wrong with it let me know. Overall, a fun day, and Im looking at a good thing right now, fish for dinner! Thanks for the read.

PS- We werent casting the bait from the dock out all but 4-7 feet out. Thats how close they were!

·
Registered
1,205 Posts
It sure did get windy out there at lunch time. Glad that you stuck with it. Nothing wrong with your dark trout either. The orange flesh just means it's been there long enough to lose it's fondness for Ralston Purina fish chow (hatchery food). Should taste great!

·
Registered
344 Posts
Craig----be careful with those fish out of Quail, I personally would never eat anything out of that lake. Too many geese live on that lake and that bottom is completely riddled with goose s***. Fun to catch, bad for the belly. Even Pikeview, I wouldn't eat anything out of there either.

·
Registered
117 Posts
nice report, im sure your fish will taste just fine. Im going to head there tomorrow morning. Im gonna try bouncin some minnows off the bottom tipped w/some bright pbait. With some luck maybe ill find Leroy. Hes in that lake somewhere!

·
Registered
249 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Lol ya we already ate them and they tasted awesome. oh well, thanks for your concern

Scody-Good luck. U should do fine fishing off the dock. There is this really really wierd kid thats always there and wants to reel in your fish, net your fish, bait your hooks and everything. Dont know if something wrong with him or if the light isnt on upstairs. Good Luck.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts