Colorado Fisherman Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
1,204 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Sometimes when I don't have anything going on at work I'll go there and cast around. Today I got a 4 inch walleye. I'm still shocked. Had no clue they had em in there

·
Registered
2,878 Posts
Are you talking about Quail lake in CS?

·
Registered
2,878 Posts
Quail is one of the most abused lakes around-most everything gets taken home, even if its just fertilizer for the plants.

Its amazing to me how anything can survive in there with the pressure it gets.

Actually I know a guy who fishes there with kastmasters and catches trout up to and over 10 lbs. :)

·
Registered
740 Posts
There can be some decent fish there, I've seen pics of nice bass, pike, carp from there. I have not seen a trout over 14" out of there but believe it can happen. Strange a walleye came from there, I have never known them to be there. Good place for bucket biology though :eek: Not a place to take fish home though for sure being so close to Atmel with all the hazardous chemicals...

·
Registered
1,793 Posts
There can be some decent fish there, I've seen pics of nice bass, pike, carp from there. I have not seen a trout over 14" out of there but believe it can happen. Strange a walleye came from there, I have never known them to be there. Good place for bucket biology though :eek: Not a place to take fish home though for sure being so close to Atmel with all the hazardous chemicals...
My friend caught a 27 inch trout in there last year. They stocked 20 inchers.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts