Colorado Fisherman Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

· Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
A friend of mine and i have been planning a hiking/fishing trip for about the last six months but have yet to decide on a location. I am fairly new to Colorado so so if anyone has a recomendation of an area that would provide some good fishing where we could hike in and away from the weekenders and such. We are looking to kill about 7-10 days starting next week so hiking distance is fairly relative. And from what i understand the farther away you get the better the fishing. Just looking for some friendly info. Thanks All,
Zack Schaefer

· Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks for the info guys hopefully ill have some pictures in the next few weeks. ePiC, dont worry about me i live at 7200 feet and have spent some time above 10,000 hiking. My buddy on the other hand might have some problems ;).
Thanks Again,
ZAck

· Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Slayer,
I looked into the flat tops wilderness are like you said around trappers lake and that area seems to be what i am looking for. so i think we might go that way. One question, what is the snow like around there. I was up in the Snowy Range a few days ago (southern wyoming since i live in laramie) and i couldnt even get to the high lakes that i normally fish. I would hate to plan a trip and then not be able to get to where we wanted to go.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.