Colorado Fisherman Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Premium Member
4,229 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am seeing a lot of talk about Bonny. But a couple of questions before the boys and I head that way on the 14th.

1. how bad are the skeeters? Are they so thick that bug spray makes no difference?

2. I hear they are dredging the marina area during the week. Is that affecting the fishing any?

3. Exactly how are the cats being caught, on the bottom, just off the bottom and on what.

4. Is there a place to buy bait there and some sort of store where a person could pick up emergency (things I forgot) provisions?

Thanks, any help is greatly appreciated.

Dan

·
Registered
2,547 Posts
dan the bugs arent bad at all at there but bring a can just incase you never know, the catfish are hitting worms, shad meat, and shrimp on the bottom, i caught a 22 incher on a worm when i was there awhile back,i dont know about the marina but i would call up there and ask, if you have any more questions let me know

·
Registered
1,947 Posts
I caught all mines on the bottom. Are skeeters bugs? If they are i didnt any any problems with any on the dam. Yes there is a store, its right before you turn into the lake, its not open 247. I dont know what they have in there i didnt go in.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts