Colorado Fisherman Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
104 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just curious why this walleye is a lot more yellow skinned then any other walleye I have seen since I can remember. All caught in the same place.

Attachments

·
Registered
5,192 Posts
Looks like that fish has been boozing

·
Registered
24,568 Posts
Blondes and Brunettes and RedHeads...

·
Registered
3,172 Posts
Jaundice, nah. Fish adapt moderately to their surroundings-mainly sunlight exposure. Bass from FL waters tend to have a green tinge, esp. Okechobe bass. N. WI bass tend to be very pale because on the tannin stained water. Lake Michigan brown trout are extremely pale cuz they hang in 300' of water. I have been catching a ton of chocolate brown eyes lately. Almost no yellow. Could be food related as well.

·
Registered
1,106 Posts
Poisonous! You should probably give them to me so that I can make sure they are safe to eat! Just sayin...

·
Registered
152 Posts
Well, I just typed a bunch and blah blah....... fudge.

What I decided upon was the difference between stocked and naturally reproduced. Finding eyes on the web that are similar to your is pretty hard. Your cell pics showed it a lot better. Really, we see all types of stupid fish. Saugers with white spots, saugeye's with no white spots, eye's with no white spots, saugers with no mottling, saugeye's with no mottling, etc.
They just look different sometimes. Except, when we caught those saugers that we swore were eyes until they started warming up outside the ice... THEN their mottling started showing.... friggin' weird.
Anyways, I found this...
http://pennsylvaniaclub.com/photos/walleye/index.htm
The yeller'ist eyes I could find on the web. That big eye in the first picture looks like what you sent me on the cell.
ps, 1 pike @ smith at 11am on a lake fork magic shad. ~21". quickie report for those who read.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts