Colorado Fisherman Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,241 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Yo.... Does anyone know if we can throw a 1 man pontoon on McKay Lake in Broomfield? I've heard of people taking belly boats out there, but need to confirm. Can't find any info on the lake online.

Thanks in advance.

1eyeReD

·
Registered
5,941 Posts
incorporeal said:
theres no fish in there at all, go somewhere else. The lake is full of poop and pee

x-2
what was in there got over harfested, and before selling it to westminster the club took out all the fish!

·
Registered
4,467 Posts
denverbassman said:
incorporeal said:
theres no fish in there at all, go somewhere else. The lake is full of poop and pee

x-2
what was in there got over harfested, and before selling it to westminster the club took out all the fish!
All of the fish that they were able to salvage out of that lake a few years back went to Marshall to anyone who cares :)

·
Premium Member
1,241 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
i went there yesterday morning. caught a 15" largemouth n several crappies a lil less than 10"... all still swimming but 1 which i donated to a kid n his grandpa who lived by there. the ol man said he used to b in that club. there is a sign that states all the rules @ the north entrance. it said "no wading" and "no watercrafts" or something.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Check the south entrance that is where it is all posted for the Regs. As far as the fishing there are some big bass in there still but i think it is all catch and release only. My son and i caught a 81/2 lb. bass there last year.

·
Registered
1,105 Posts
Texhunter7 said:
Check the south entrance that is where it is all posted for the Regs. As far as the fishing there are some big bass in there still but i think it is all catch and release only. My son and i caught a 81/2 lb. bass there last year.
1Eye Bro - As to what Texhunter here says, True.! There are some Huge LG Mouth still lurking around.. See those houses just south of there, well Them Bass are just as Huge.

·
Registered
570 Posts
denverbassman is correct. I would not go there for bass, but if you do and are willing to spend some time you might catch a biggun. There are better places to go. I only fish there 1-2 times a year and it is less than 100 yards away.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts