Colorado Fisherman Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1,947 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok i was using 8 lb p line. When i was catfishing on the bottom no problems. When i used the maribou jib 1/8 oz i was getting birds nets quite often. Pretty annoying. Whats the problem is the jig to light for the line?

Another question, is there a place i can get my waders patched up. I have a hole in it, i got pretty wet lol. I know i can do it myself but i dont have time between work and fishing.

·
Registered
1,947 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
roth2000 said:
I use 8 lb Triliene XL all the time with my 1/8 oz jigheads.  I never seem to have a problem.  I use shimano reels with the super slow oscillating system, don't know if that has anything to do with it.  Just make sure that you spool your reel correctly.  I have spooled line wrong before and it doesn't matter what pound test you have your going to end up with bird nests.
LOL i dont think the reel was the problem i was using the slow oscillating system also shimano stella.
Got my line spooled at sportmens.
I dont have any problems with distance using 8lb line with a 1/8 oz jig either. Just the birds nets. Maybe i should just spool the line myself?

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.