Colorado Fisherman Forum banner

queston bout my new license

2K views 11 replies 11 participants last post by  redleader 
#1 · (Edited)
I was hoping to take the fellas to Blue Mesa today, but I don't have my new license in my possession yet. I bought it when I applied for my hunting tags, so technically I have license, but legally, don't I need it on my person to fish? What are my options? Unfortunately I do not have a printer so I couldn't print out my conformation when bought!

PS on a side note, anyone know if there is much open h2o on Blue? Near the inlet?

#2 ·
Did you receive a conformation email? If so, any place you can find access to a printer..UPS store..print shop...etc.. should be able to print off a copy.

I once lost my hunting license and had to bring proof of purchase to the local DOW office.. plus the price of a duplicate license.. at which time the ticket I had been issued was torn up. This was before the advent of electronic license purchases. Now I'd imagine they would be in a data base.. But, I doubt they'd access the information in the field.

#3 · (Edited)
Some have said that rangers have accessed the info from the field, but they certainly don't have to.

I had this same situation one year (no printer at home) and before I bought it I called and asked and the guy told me to write down the new number on my old liscense and show that to the ranger if asked. I took the guys name and said I was going to say that Ed (or whatever his name was), at the Boulder office (or wherever he was), said that this would suffice for now. The guy laughed and said that's fine, and a ranger would have to be a real ass to fine me in that situation (his words).

Not that you couldn't find a real ass,... but in my experience most rangers are pretty cool if you give them respect?

Edit: also I would probably take a pic on my phone of the compuater screen,... although I didn't think of that a few years ago,... lol Zoom in on the date and renewal and number and your name,... etc.

#4 ·
I've left my license at home a few times over the years and its a $60 fine for not having it. If you show proof of having it with in 24hrs of being ticketed they waive the fine. From what I was told they have no way of looking it up from the field. I'm not sure if they would except a printed conformation or not. Our CPW does some wacky things!

#6 ·
I bought my fishing license online for the first time this year online. They gave me a number to use until the license showed up. I didn't have to copy anything. Just have that number with me to give to a warden.

License came in 4 days, so I never needed it.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.