Colorado Fisherman Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
2,402 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Went out on the ice for the first time this year, nice to get the season started! We started at Antero right around sun-up, drilled a few holes, sat for awhile, and not a whole lot off the bat. It started to get pretty windy early, but decided to stick it out for awhile. Good thing. Tyanne ended up getting a nice Rainbow (18"), and a nice Kokanee Salmon (16"). And with it being her first time on the ice, she was pretty stoked! The wind started to get really nasty, blew away a good chunk of our gear (it was recovered though), at times it was impossible to walk against on the ice. But on one occasion, my brother & I took off after our sled, he slipped, where he hit his head hard, and unfortunately received a mild concussion (he is alright now, although still has a pretty sore head). We decided to leave after that, but didn't want to waste the trip, so drove over to Tarryall. Fished there for quite awhile, ice was a good 8 to 10in--but part of the lake was unfrozen (which seemed a bit strange with it being that thick for the most of it?). Again Tyanne pretty much smoked us two, she caught a few more, whilst my bro & I caught one apiece. All in all a pretty decent day though (except for the wind and my bro's head). Have to hit it again here soon! The fish came on pink tubes in Antero, and mostly Tear Drops in Tarryall (all tipped with waxies).

Totals..
Tyanne: 5
Njh: 1
D.J.: 2

Thanks for reading..tight lines & warm hands!!

D.J.

(Sorry for the cr** on the camera lens :()

·
Registered
2,402 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
TheFishin6 said:
Good job - did you get a photo of the kokanee?
Thanks. Umm...First picture, in Tyanne's right hand.

D.J.

·
Registered
2,402 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
elkdeerbear said:
What time did you guys leave Tarryall? I talked to 2 groups of people when we got there at 1:45.
Probably about 3:00pm I think? I didn't even look at the clock. We were in the Blue Silverado...three people, green sled, right there on the south shore day use area.

GrumpieGills said:
dj, lets meet up at terryal one day.
let me show u how to put a worm on again. ;)
Yeah, we'll have to hit up either there or south park somewhere. I'll let you know when I can next, because I'm not sure man.

Thanks everyone.

D.J.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts