Colorado Fisherman Forum banner

1 - 20 of 35 Posts

·
Registered
2,320 Posts
The world will end in 2012. But I haven't left 1994 yet, so when it does happen, it will be 2012 for me.

·
Registered
2,320 Posts

·
Registered
844 Posts
When you see the waste of money spent on the artwork of what must have been some drug induced vision of an exceptionally tormented artist it's obvious the biggest code in the whole airport is
Democrats In Action = DIA
Who ever approved and commissioned that work should be hunted down and given the magic gas they talked about.

·
Registered
6,273 Posts
Ummmm, I have been to that airport many times as most here have. I for one have never seen anything like that. Have any of you? That might be the goofiest thing I've seen in years!

·
Registered
4,755 Posts
swimbait said:
OK, how many of us Colorado Fishermen think that the world will in fact end in 2012?
What do you mean by the question?

Are you asking if the planet Earth will totally vanish out of the galaxy?

Or perhaps that modern human civilization will take a huge step backwards?

Or that life, or maybe just human life, will disappear off the planet, but the planet will remain here?

When many people say, "the world," what they actually mean is humans.
What, exactly, is the "world", to you?

·
Registered
259 Posts
I worry about solar activity in the next few years. A coronal mass ejection could wipe out electricty for a extended period and that will be the end of the world as we know it. The solar maximum should occur between 2012-2014.

·
Registered
582 Posts
Imma be honest. Things are looking bad. Birds and Fishes are dying off in massive amounts in the same year. We are seeing very rare causes of death. 3 kids with enlarged heart deaths in 3 weeks. Death from the tow truck driver being dragged by own cables. Tire gets off semi and kills woman. Earthquakes in AR. Tsunamis in Japan, Oil spills in the Gulf. Kidnappings and childabuse happening everywhere. I havent seen this much news in a long time. Is it a sign, I hope not, but if the human race is going to end, may it come quick and painless. I still vote for zombies, stacking up the ammo and learning other ways to make fuel.

·
Registered
2,402 Posts
I hear the solar activity in 2012 is gonna be spectacular...it ought to make for a good Walleye fishing year!!! See ya' on the lake..

D.J.

·
Registered
844 Posts
I have been hearing that the loons are blaming the earthquake and subsequent tsunami on of all things global warming.
When you have a scape goat like man and capitalism I guess anything is possible.
Can anybody explain why they also are crediting this with a drop in oil prices ???I heard that multiple times yesterday.

·
P I K E
10,082 Posts
LOL...Right now on the History channel, Brad Meltzer's Decoded...this subject is exactly what they are showing!!! >:D >:D >:D

·
Registered
6,273 Posts
Southplatter said:
Imma be honest. Things are looking bad. Birds and Fishes are dying off in massive amounts in the same year. We are seeing very rare causes of death. 3 kids with enlarged heart deaths in 3 weeks. Death from the tow truck driver being dragged by own cables. Tire gets off semi and kills woman. Earthquakes in AR. Tsunamis in Japan, Oil spills in the Gulf. Kidnappings and childabuse happening everywhere. I havent seen this much news in a long time. Is it a sign, I hope not, but if the human race is going to end, may it come quick and painless. I still vote for zombies, stacking up the ammo and learning other ways to make fuel.
quick answer... The internet. Go back and look at a certain area. I will bet that you will find mass die offs of different animals. It is a common happening all over the world. It just so happens that with the internet, world news comes to our front doors. When something happens in Australia, the US will take it and run with the same situation here! Then something in France occurs, then it becomes a greater story. 15 yrs ago, we didn't pay attention to small stories in other countries. Same thing with the Kidnappings, and child abuse cases. It happens all the time, the media just uses it the create a greater story! it's because people take it the heart that they do it in the 1st place. If people didn't get all riled up, it wouldn't be news!
djfisherman2 said:
I hear the solar activity in 2012 is gonna be spectacular...it ought to make for a good Walleye fishing year!!! See ya' on the lake..

D.J.
that's what I'm talking about! Put the worries away and enjoy what we have!

·
Registered
163 Posts
Well, according to these folks, the rapture is just 2 months away: http://ebiblefellowship.com/may21/

Here's a list of other failed End of the World predictions:
http://www.religioustolerance.org/end_wrl2.htm

Here's an article on how the whole Myan 2012 thing is complete BS: http://www.skepdic.com/maya.html

And another one: http://www.universetoday.com/14094/no-doomsday-in-2012/

The bottom line is this: People have been predicting the end of the world for thousands of years, and since obviously every single one of them have been correct we should all believe it this time too. (I hope the sarcasm was obvious on that comment.) Nothing is going to happen in 2012, just like the rapture isn't going to happen in 2 months (maybe it happened already! ;) ). None of these doomsday prophets have ever had a shred of evidence or gray matter to back up their predictions, and the 2012 people aren't any more edjumicated.

-David K

·
Registered
3,547 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
What do you mean by the question?... - WE
Well, I admit that it was an open ended question. It was deliberate. I wanted to open the door as wide as possible.
I doubt anyone cares about my perspective.

I worry about solar activity in the next few years.  A coronal mass ejection could wipe out electricty for a extended period and that will be the end of the world as we know it.  The solar maximum should occur between 2012-2014. -Troutnut
Uh, heh heh, you said "coronal mass ejection..." heh heh, yeah. Actually, this is cause for concern. But it is also completely beyond human capacity to address, and as such I file it in the same mental drawer as "I could get hit by a bus!" It is true, but not worth my time or stress to worry about.

Imma be honest.  Things are looking bad... -Southplatter
Hard to argue.  :-X  But they have always looked bad, right? They also look good. It depends on where you look. I recommend that you do not watch the news... because if it bleeds, it leads. Stress is bad for us.

quick answer... The internet. Go back and look at a certain area. I will bet that you will find mass die offs of different animals... - baetisrun 1
There have been about six recorded mass extinctions in Earth's geological history. The most recent dramatic example of mass extinction came at the end of the Cretaceous Period, 65 million years ago. The most profound loss of life in Earth's history occurred in the Permian, where more than eighty percent of all life forms went extinct.

It was proposed in the Jan. 25th, 2008 edition of GSA Today, the journal of the Geological Society of America, that we have entered a new epoch in the Earth's geological history. This proposed epoch has been dubbed the Anthropocene, and if accepted would depose the Holocene as the current epoch. This proposal is predicated on a number of factors, but chief among these is the notion that human activity has had more impact on the Earth than natural environmental factors for the last hundred years or so.

Either way, there can be no denying that species are disappearing faster than they are being replaced. It is getting ugly out there.

The bottom line is this:  People have been predicting the end of the world for thousands of years, and since obviously every single one of them have been correct we should all believe it this time too.  (I hope the sarcasm was obvious on that comment.)  Nothing is going to happen in 2012, just like the rapture isn't going to happen in 2 months (maybe it happened already!  ).  None of these doomsday prophets have ever had a shred of evidence or gray matter to back up their predictions, and the 2012 people aren't any more edjumicated. -DavidK
DavidK, you are a gentleman and a scholar.  :)

SS

1 - 20 of 35 Posts