Colorado Fisherman Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
3,266 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
If anyone has bought a QF 3 this year goodluck. I purchased one about a month ago and after one use the damn inside coating started to crack really bad. Turns out they had a bad batch. I am getting a new one from them , no charge on shipping, so that's good on Eskimo.

·
Registered
3,266 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Had to send it back in. Have to wait for it to arrive then they will ship mine, kinda sucks but atleast it's getting replaced. The lady told me the new one should be good, I'lll have to wait and see.

·
Registered
5,983 Posts
I had the same thing happen. Eskimo c.s. told me to return mine to the retailer. Took it back to Sportsman's and they exchanged it with absolutely no hassle. They(Sportsman's) were aware of the situation. I hope the new one works out.

The lady at Eskimo/Ardisam(Sherry ext. 126...very nice) said they would make it right by any means necessary, but to take mine back a.s.a.p. as there weren't too many around. I assume they aren't making any more for the season or something?

We'll see.

·
Registered
701 Posts
Bruce, I bought a three this season and noticed straight out of the box that the coating had a few cracks in it. It does not appear that the vinyl coating was cracking but more of an ununiform coating in the factory. I'll definately keep an eye out for the condition so thank you very much for the heads up. Do you have the red canvas?

·
Registered
124 Posts
I bought a Quickfish 6. Anyone have any problems with those? Mine's still new in the box. I won't be getting it out until elk season where I'll be hunting at Wood's X.

·
Registered
2,182 Posts
Bruce Gillis said:
If anyone has bought a QF 3 this year goodluck. I purchased one about a month ago and after one use the damn inside coating started to crack really bad. Turns out they had a bad batch. I am getting a new one from them , no charge on shipping, so that's good on Eskimo.
I got the same bad batch! Will call tomorrow...heard they are honoring no questions asked.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Oh man, I bought one last week. Took it out of the box to set it up in my back yard and noticed a small section where the coating was cracked. Didn't worry about it much untill I read this thread. Perhaps I should take it back immediately.

If I do take it back to Sportsmans for an exchange, how can I be sure that the next one won't have the same thing?

Thanks for this posting!!

·
Registered
5,983 Posts
Jerry S. said:
Oh man, I bought one last week. Took it out of the box to set it up in my back yard and noticed a small section where the coating was cracked. Didn't worry about it much untill I read this thread. Perhaps I should take it back immediately.

If I do take it back to Sportsmans for an exchange, how can I be sure that the next one won't have the same thing?

Thanks for this posting!!
There is unfortunately no way to tell.(at least that I know of)

·
Registered
49 Posts
It seems to me that all of these hub style huts have the same type of coating on the inside of them. Whether they get cold and crack, are poorly made, or are old it seems that folding them up real tight to put away could cause the cracking. I bought a Glens Outdoor Hub style hut that was supposedly made to be better than the eskimo or clam. (Supposedly they took all the complaints from eskimo and clam and made one tent that is better?) It is pretty nice, but yes mine does have some cracking on the inside. the outside is probably the strongest material I have ever seen on a tent. So I am not worried about the inside. 2nd of all, has anyone ever tried to re-coat the inside of their tent? And if so, what did you use? Did it work? What about water proofing? Has anyone tried this? Anything we can learn to prolong the life of our tents will help.

·
Registered
3,266 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Curtzilla34 said:
It seems to me that all of these hub style huts have the same type of coating on the inside of them. Whether they get cold and crack, are poorly made, or are old it seems that folding them up real tight to put away could cause the cracking. I bought a Glens Outdoor Hub style hut that was supposedly made to be better than the eskimo or clam. (Supposedly they took all the complaints from eskimo and clam and made one tent that is better?) It is pretty nice, but yes mine does have some cracking on the inside. the outside is probably the strongest material I have ever seen on a tent. So I am not worried about the inside. 2nd of all, has anyone ever tried to re-coat the inside of their tent? And if so, what did you use? Did it work? What about water proofing? Has anyone tried this? Anything we can learn to prolong the life of our tents will help.
I was wondering the same.

Here's what mine looked like on its 2nd trip out.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Thanks for the heads up. I was looking to pick one of these up. I will have to make sure to set it up and double check.
Good to know that Eskimo is standing behind their product.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts