Colorado Fisherman Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
M

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
decided to hit up quincy, figured i should before the season is over, got there around 2, only 3 or 4 vehicles in the lot, workd the dam for awhile, no hits or follows, weeds are still in there for whatever reason (not cold enough soon enough i think), but it was nice to be out there

here's the bad news, i got a snag and just gave it a tiny jerk to get my rapala loose from some rocks, and my rod snapped, it was my first ever spinning rod i got when i was 9, i have used it in like 6 different states, saltwater, and everywhere else, i loved that rod, but i guess it was time for a new one :(, i also lost the rapala, haha, oh well

RIP my favorite rod 1997-2005

·
Registered
24,509 Posts
Re: Quincy 10/30

Mustang sorry to hear about your rod...with Bass Pro shop opening in a week...I be you can get a sweet new one at the Grand Opening!

It wasnt an Eagle Claw rod was it?...I refuse to use their stuff anymore...have broken two of their rods while fighting fish...

·
Registered
4,755 Posts

zman said:
It wasnt an Eagle Claw rod was it?...I refuse to use their stuff anymore...have broken two of their rods while fighting fish...
Second that. I too have broken 2 Eagle Claws, and don't buy them any more.

M

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #6

ya, eagle claw hooks, not rods

i think it was a zebco rhino hide or something, it wasnt more than a $25 rod, but i used it for all it was worth, best action and everything....i loved that thing, haha, but i have another nice shimano one that doesnt get much use, time for it to play starter, ive got so many rods laying around...craziness

·
Registered
633 Posts
Mustang, sorry to hear about your rod. I've got one like that from my Dad when I was young that I LOVE. Actually I'm too afraid to use it anymore except when I want to reminicse (?) about our trips together. Anyway, depending on where it was broken it may be repairable. I've had really good luck on repairing any break except when they are too close to the tip or are a part of any ferrule. Just thought I'd offer in case you wanted it revived from the dead. Jeff

M

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
thanks, but i think it's time to move on, i have a bunch of new rods that i never use lying around my room and garage

1 - 8 of 8 Posts