Colorado Fisherman Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
75 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I got out to Quincy (opening day) at about 10am (got the kids to school) and saw very few fisherman and about 90% covered with ice. Talked to a guy who was leaving and he said it was slow, only two small fish on a flash back PT. The cove to the east of the ramp is open and I have normally done well there but not today. Stayed for 1 hour and saw no fish caught. Not going to tell anyone to wait, but if you do go, go early. It's just a matter of time so please let us know when it picks up. Wish I could have said things were better. Maybe next week.

M

·
0 Posts
Thanks for the report, Herb. Quincy is probably my favorite lake, at least close to home. Last year it was scheduled to open on the....15th or something and ended up opening a week earlier, but there was no ice on the lake. I'm surprised it's open with that much ice coverage, I'm going there tomorrow around 11:00 to try my luck.

·
Registered
75 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Mustang, I think Quincy is a great reservoir for fishing in the Metro area. After the opening time frame trout fishing slows, the May Bass fishing out of a belly boat can be alot of fun. I don't keep any fish, and most people don't, so maybe that's one of the reasons the bass get to pretty decent size. Almost look forward to that more than the trout. I have seen a huge (30 to 40 inch) tiger muskie there one day but never have the gear to attempt to catch them. Post your report after you get back and good luck!

·
Registered
636 Posts
Can't wait til it opens up so I can get my muskie that I missed there last year. Sorry to hear about the skunk, that's rare there.

·
Registered
797 Posts
Got there at 300 and left at 5 without any luck. Ice all was gone as far as I could see by the time I left. The wind made short work of the ice today.

M

·
0 Posts
Hey don't worry Herb, raynman is all bitter. I'm sure you'll hear about Quincy this year as it picks up. Perhaps raynman should go out and fish somehwere rather than take up space on this report page, since he is obviously suffering from "i can't figure it out on my own" symptons. I'll hit you up tomorrow after I hit Quincy, Herb, hopefully I'll have some success.

·
Registered
3,666 Posts
look out mustang, i know all too well what happens when you call people out on the site. even if they are being whiners. you'll get a nice pm.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts