Colorado Fisherman Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Went out to Quincy this morning around 7am, before the winds started blowing. Was there until 9:30 and caught 14 rainbows! Although they were stockers, it's better than getting skunked.

Caught 6 on an orange roostertail and the other 8 on an olive wooly bugger.

·
Registered
67 Posts
Fished from 7-11am 4-2-05 caught 4 bass, biggest at 19" and 2 trout, nothing big but they were jumpers. Probably missed 8 other fish. all were caught creeping a twin tail grub across the bottom..

Y

·
0 Posts
Fished 4-2-05 from 7:00 till 1:00. Caught 7 trout on on flies(all but one on a olive wooly bugger-hummer). My wife also caught several on flies(black wooly bugger). It was my first time catching fish using flies....I was using a bubble with a spin reel setup fishing from a canoe. We missed a lot of bites at first until we got used to it. My wife spent most of the morning trying for a musky with a super shad and a Mepps musky killer marabou and various rapalas but no luck, only saw one just west of musky cove. Tried dropshotting for bass w/ a robo worm which is what we usaully catch them on but only had one bite. We also tried throwing spinners and cranks but that wasn't working. We saw people catching stocker trout all day long. Most of the people we talked to who were fishing for bass had caught one or two.

M

·
0 Posts
yellow jack, were u fishing off the dock and was ur wife wearing a white hat, i notice a woman in a white hat haulin them in that day, i only got one, im not so big on fishing from a cowded dock, but it was fun to watch

1 - 5 of 5 Posts