Colorado Fisherman Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Took my step-son out in our little boat from about 7:30 to 12:30. We cruised around the lake and had a good time I caught 3 fat but short LM bass and a 9 inch perch. The perch was caught while trolling a crankbait. :eek: All the bass on a white spinnerbait, and all hit at the end of laydowns. He caught a 18 inch rainbow while trolling. It was foul hooked in the belly by the small fins at the back of the fish.And of course when I grabbed it, the fish jerked a treble hooh right into the skin between my thumb and finger. Needless to say I couldn't reach the pliers, had to hold his rod to keep him from moving it and had to use my teeth to get the hook out of my hand. :mad: Other than that it was a real fun day.

·
OG LOKE
18,957 Posts
Nice report...ouch on the hand! :-\ Lets hope they don't drain Quincy too much more before those bass spawn! :mad:

·
Registered
1,385 Posts
Those hooks can be a pain to get out. One time I was fishing on a crowded dock and someone was not paying attention when they were casting a rapala and ended up hooking me right through my lip. I had to use my pliers to cut the hook off. Thank goodness for sharp pliers!!

·
Registered
1,475 Posts
i know how u feel michael .... i got hooked too through the lip. the thing was that the line snapped when it hooked me so i had the hook + the piece of liver dangling on my lip. my dad didnt cut the hook, but he de-barbed it and pulled it through.

·
Registered
1,475 Posts
its great ... i kept it! hhaaha jk!! it healed and i learned from it.

·
Registered
674 Posts
At least tell me that you got a cool scar from it that drives the ladies crazy ;D. If not then it doesn't sound like a very profitable expirence.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts