Colorado Fisherman Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
89 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was the first person in the gate today at 5:30 and I think the only one until around 8-9 when I finally saw someone else. I fished the entire east side of the lake throwing plastics and various lures, and even pulled out my fly rod (I suck at flyfishing, still havent gotten the hang of it yet) and didn't get one fricken bite until around 9am. I switched up to a silver/black crankbait with red eyes, and everything hit it. I ended up with two perch (kept one, never ate one before and everyone says they're tasty!) one small rainbow, a 17" LMB, and just before I left a 15" LMB hit me from the dock.

All of these were cause south of the sandbar minus the dock fish. Only other person I saw catching fish was a very nice lady who I spoke to for a few and she had some trout on, with an orange worm texas rigged, just lettin them sit in the water.

My trout got some payback though, and I got my first injury of the season! I usually try not to manhandle the fish or lip anything other than a bass (not sure why i'm like that) and I went to get the treble out of the rainbows mouth, and he flopped and yanked the other treble on the crankbait right into my finger and wouldn't stop flopping. I think I may have let out of one of those little girly whimpers when this happened, but i'm not entirely sure. I think I need a tetnis shot.

·
Registered
51 Posts
Nice report from Quincy. It good to have some space, I hope you enjoyed.

I do recommend that you do get a tetnis shot. They are good for 10 years and everyone should have one especially those people that are at risk for cuts and puntures.

Good fishing!

·
Registered
89 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Went back at 7:30, fished off the dam until 8:40 and pulled in a fat 16" rainbow on the same lure. good fishing there today!

the guy fishing next to me was usin a topwater lure about 4-5 feet from the dam, casting sideways and bringing it back along the dam. it was pretty cool seeing some bass pop up that close and just slam that topwater lure he was usin.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts