Colorado Fisherman Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Fished Quincy from 5:45am to 11:30 am today. Caught a couple of 15 inch bass early, one on a wooly bugger and the other on a spinnerbait.

Also caught around a dozen stockers from about 8:30 on all on the olive wooly bugger.

Looks like the bass may also be moving into the shallows. As I was leaving I stopped at the east side water inlet and looking into the water saw at least a dozen bass sitting there. Wouldn't strike anything tossed at them, but they must be close to spawing.

M

·
0 Posts
man, i haven't been to quincy since i got skunked a couple weeks ago, i got all depressed from getting skunked at my favorite lake....

after finals next week im headed out there

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I got skunked there about a month ago. Good thing it doesn't happen very often there though.

I went back out there this morning. Caught 2 bass, 2 perch and 5 trout. Bass were caught on a senko and the rest on the olive wooly bugger.

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I've marked the spot with the red x on this map.

When you get to this spot, look for a fallen tree with the trunk through a cinder block. It looks like it was place near the bank for cover at one time. I walked just to the left of it about 15 feet into the water. Once you get out there look just to the right. You'll see a single branch sticking out of the water.

Cast just to the left of it, and that's where I caught both of them. They both hit the senko just as soon as it settled to the bottom.

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thanks Ken.

Jay, I saw your turtle there Thursday morning. That's the only area of the lake that I see them on a regular basis.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts