Colorado Fisherman Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
OG LOKE
18,957 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Fished Quincy with Blackwolf from 05:30 to 12:00...We caught around 10 fish total...We went around the whole lake twice...Flippin'...Pitchin'...Spinnin'....Crankin'...Buzzin'...yes i did say Buzzin'...Blackwolf started out the morning with a 2lb Largemouth on a buzzbait...he got two more blowups on it...but they were short of the hook...Pretty chilly morning...wind was not a factor...in fact...the fishing would have been better if the wind did blow harder...all we caught today were buck bass...no females to be found...to top off the day...the trolling motor battery died and we drifted to the west end of the lake...had to walk back to the trucks and borrow a battery from it to get back to the ramp...time to invest in a second trolling motor battery :D Here are some pictures...

Here is Blackwolfs Buzzbait fish

Here is a 10inch smallmouth caught on a 5inch swimbait

Pitchin' a jig

Blackwolf is in love...

Love that Cajun Line...

Infamous Beached Boat picture...

Blackwolf promises to bring a paddle next time...but how could we fit a paddle in there with all those rods and tackle?!!?!?
Oh well it was worth it...Thanks Blackwolf i had a blast!

·
Registered
1,458 Posts
Nice fish man.  Looks like a great trip, battery or no battery!

I have been wanting to get into thoze buzz baits.  They look so strange, I couldn't imagine them working for me.  But I keep hearing more and more about them, evidently I should take a second look?  What type of forage are they supposed to represent?

·
Registered
410 Posts
Sounds like a great morning guys, well except for the battery trouble. Nice fish!!!!!!!!

·
OG LOKE
18,957 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Fishing_Fiend said:
Nice fish man.  Looks like a great trip, battery or no battery!

I have been wanting to get into thoze buzz baits.  They look so strange, I couldn't imagine them working for me.  But I keep hearing more and more about them, evidently I should take a second look?  What type of forage are they supposed to represent?

Buzzbaits are the most exciting lures to fish with for bass....Look for buzzbaits with aluminum blades and use a trailer hook on it... I think they look like an injured or spooked baitfish...or even a bird or baby duck on the surface....one thing is for sure...once you have a blowup on a buzzbait...it will quickly get your blood boiling for more....some of the bass i have caught on them attack the living @*#! out of it...last year i was nightfishing in Kansas(CedarBluff) and i had a blowup on a buzzbait that sounded like a toilet flushing it was INSANE!!!!!!!!!!!!!

·
Registered
1,458 Posts
That sounds sweet! Well I will have to give them a whirl. I have a couple in the 1/8 size. One is chartruse with white, and the other is solid black with red trace. Hopefully I can find one of these "blowups",

Thanks for the info man.

·
Registered
239 Posts
I had engine and battery problems at Granby once. We paddled all the
way from past Dike 3 to the boat ramp at Sunset Point. I know how you feel.
Nice Fish!

·
Registered
2,927 Posts
nice bass! Buzzbaits are good lures sometimes...not really a numbers lure for bass but you can get some big ones. They are good nothing water lures...they can find fish that are scattered. They also are great for pike. They really don't represent any forage they just get the fish's attention, and most likely rely on angering them to get them to strike. With all the above said, this is why they are also great for pike and smallmouth bass, and not just largemouth.

·
Registered
5 Posts

What you got on your lip blackwolf O0 bloody hell if i didnt just have to spen 400 on a front barck for the front engine mount i would of that baitcaster in hand hurry up tax refund

·
Registered
329 Posts
Howdy guys, first post.
Those are some great catches.
I hit Quincy today with the float tube trying to get trout, and all i got was a ton of perch and a 2 rather small bass in a cove on the west end of the lake. Had never been to Quincy before, but it turned out to be a good, close lake for tubing. Any tips on hooking up with some decent trout there?

·
OG LOKE
18,957 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I don't fish much for trout but i see most people catching them on the north-side of the lake...mainly fly fishermen...I forgot to mention...the lake was about a foot down from last week...i hope they don't drain the *&@@ out of it again...these fish need prime water to spawn... ::)

1 - 10 of 10 Posts