Colorado Fisherman Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
M

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Got there around 5:15. Waded out. My buddy caught a nice bass on a trout spinner....weird I guess, but the weirdest thing was that there was a giant worm hook lodged in the bass's stomach as thoutgh it had been snagged. The hook was farely rusty and the holes in the bass appeared to be kinda raw, but healing. I carefully removed the hook, which came out easily, as my friend held the bass. I have never seen anything liek that. The bass was released and he swam away fine. My friend then tied on a Senko Texas rigged. After awhile he hooked into a monster bass. Released that one. No other hits that day except one on a rainbow trot pattern rpala countdown. Was there from pretty much open till 10. SLOW SLOW SLOW

·
Premium Member
1,241 Posts
Damn dude, you're everywhere. Tha'z good. Keep it up. Let the addiction sink in and soon enough the fish will be hooked on you instead.

·
Registered
3,655 Posts
mustang were at quincy did you fish for bass ? also i was wondering if you saw or have ever hooked into any tiger muskie out there, i was thinking of trying some topwater zara spook there for some, i heard there isent many muskie left in there

M

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
fisrt off there r still muskie in there, two washed up a month or two ago that tyried to eat each other...haha...there is a post somewhere about it

i have never seen or caught one...they r very tricky from what i hear....they r not stocking them anymore for some reason...the ranger told me this- they originally stocked them to gete all the the...white suckers...i think...out of the lake, but they r not stocking them anymore...he believes (and i do too) that there is probably another state record swimming around in there- he wasnt sure why they quit stocking them but my theory is--- the DOW probably looks at tigers as they do pike: stocker trout eaters, im guessing the DOW doesnt want to keep muskie in there when they eat an awful lot of small trout that r stocked, also i think the DOW stocks the tigers in lakes mainly to control other species because tigers cant reporduce...so there r only gonna be as many as thy stock and once the species, in this case suckers, is gone, they wont be back and all the DOW has to do is wait until the tigers are gone, then all that can eat trout is bass...the bass cant eat the big ones.l..u get the picture...

all of that is my theory, but i think tiger muskie are amazing, tricky fish, sorta like real loch ness monsters in a weird way, haha

as far as where i was fishing...i was fishin in the water, hehe, jk, there is this place there i call the secret garden cuz its full of weeds and hard to fish, but it a place with more weeds than other places and u cant see it from the entrance, so u will have to walk, its my spot so no specifics, but the bass r everywhere, i have caught them from the dock

1 - 5 of 5 Posts