Colorado Fisherman Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
OG LOKE
18,957 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Fished Quincy this morning with Blackwolf from 5:30-10:30...Total we caught 7 fish including one buck smallmouth...Fished the dam all the way around the lake...fish were up shallow 1-2ft of water...and some were pretty deep...8-15ft of water...we caught fish on spinnerbaits...buzzbaits...and jigs...

Forgot to mention...water was down 2ft from full pool...thats a foot down from last thursday...

·
Registered
833 Posts
That's a good day when you get them to chase a spinnerbait with current water temps.
See that concrete wall that comes out at the end of the dam in your first picture?
Run a zara spook by that transition at first light and hold on. It's better than any cup of coffee I've ever had.
Nice bass.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Spinnerbaits aside, I was impressed to get two Buzzbait fish this time! But the best news of the day was making it back to the truck with some battery power left.

·
Registered
593 Posts
hey kOdiak, get that Skeeter yet?

·
Registered
238 Posts
Awsome bass guys!!!! I never really give spinnerbaits a chance( Buzzbaits as well)....I own 4 or 5 but since I dont really have confidence in them, I never use em......any beginner tips for fishing with them?

·
Registered
664 Posts
spinnerbaits are a go-to lure for all bass fishing. They can be fished any time of year at any speed and in a variety or retrieves. They are nearly weedless and very versatile. Sometimes it seems to be the only lure I use.

Cast them at cover and let them fall then retrieve steadily or with an occasional pause. Try them fast, slow, use curly tail trailers, change the blade shapes and sizes to vary retreive depth and pulsation. There's so many options you just have to use them and gain some confidence with them. They are my #1 all time favorite lure.

Pike love them too.

Good Luck.

Oh and I got so wrapped up in spinnerbaits I forgot to say NICE FISH k0diak!

·
Registered
593 Posts
Are you going to fish the club again when you get it?

1 - 9 of 9 Posts