Colorado Fisherman Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Got there about 5:30 and fished until 10:30 when it started raining.

I caught 10 bass all on Yum Dingers and all in the far east cove. My buddy caught 7 most on a small spinner bait. Biggest for me was just a tad over 2 1/2 pounds.

M

·
0 Posts
I went to Quincy this morning. We got there beore the gates opened and parked across the street at that school. The ranger was about 5 minutes late...grrrr. There were a couple other people parked at the school, so I think we were the third group in. We headed staright to the dam. Someone fishing the dock hooked something, but I don't think he landed it. On my 2nd cast I got a little 15 inch bass on a plain gold kastmater. Two of my friend also got really little bass on kastmasters. Then :I caught a trout on the kastmaster and felt pretty bad, because my hook took out his eye. So now there is a cyclops trout swimming around if he didn't get eaten. All of this is before the sun even came up.

Now the sun comes up.

Nothing seemed to be biting anymore. Keep in mind we hadn't even been there an hour. I busted out the watermelon Sneko and Texas-rigged it. I had two hit casting from the dam towards the dock, but I'm retty sure they were trout that couldn't get to the hook. Nothing happened with the Senko, so I decided to so something new. I tied on a sort of fire tiger-ish pattern ratltrap that I haven't used in years. On the first cast I reeled it in and about ten feet from shore I sped it up to keep out of the weeds and just as my lure camee into view BAM. I saw a big old bass take it right at shore. I guess the speeding up of the lure triggered him to strie thinking it was a fleeing baitfish. He didn't fight much since I got him so close to the shore, but he was a good 19 or 20 inches.

We tried around some other spots in some coves and such with no luck and left at 8:30.

P.S.

The big bass I caught was pooing out crawdads, so if you're interested, you might try some craw imitations. The bite stopped before I could.

M

·
0 Posts
Sorry I didn't see your post or I would have posted in it. Did you see me and my 3 friends on the dam? I was the one catching fish... ;D

·
Premium Member
1,241 Posts
Try a Yum Crawbug in the orange and dark grayish brown color. You won't be dissapointed....... I think.. Well, I've never been dissapointed.. But yeah, give it a shot, dude.

1eyeReD

·
Premium Member
1,241 Posts
Mmmmmmm..... Sounds like a good idea! I'll have to wake my lazy self up for that!!

·
Registered
3,666 Posts
me and the girl will be there bustin on some pike and big bass hopefully. if ya see a chickie catching all the fish, that's her(last sunday she got me three pike to my 4 lost lures)...

M

·
0 Posts
well ill be there only form 8 to 10 and i may go again in the afternoon, ill be fishing the dam at ladora to start with and marys at 9

ill be wearing jeans and a jong sleeve loose khacki shirt thing and my dad will be with me, say hi

you best be there 1 eye, haha

1 - 8 of 8 Posts