Colorado Fisherman Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
M

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Got ther at 5:30, fishe with two buddies, caught two LMB and one really nice trout (the first non stocker in a long time)

one kid next to me got a nice bass also

weather was iffy, windy and the fishing was really slow

left at 7:30

·
Premium Member
4,229 Posts
Mustang, you seem to be the resident expert on Quincy. Have you seen any tigers cruising? My son wants to catch one..........I think bass and trout are more likely.

Dan

·
Registered
636 Posts
Dan, I have seen one nice tiger cruising in Quincy back in march right by the inlet and boy she was huge. However Quincy is not the best place to go to if you want a tiger anymore. They haven't stocked it in a few years but that doesn't mean there aren't any in there. Remeber the picture of the two stuck together back about a month? All of the ones in there are around 36 to 40+ inches but are far and few. If you want a muskie I would highly recommend Gross, Evergreen, or Pinewood. These get the most muskie stocked in them. Check out the page to see where they stock them at www.coloradomuskie.com. It's not quite updated but it can give you an idea. Just click on our mission on the left, then scroll down to where it says "click here to view a list of all of the reservoirs in Colorado with Tiger (Hybrid) muskies."

·
Registered
636 Posts
Thanks ePic.
By the way I did fish Quincy today to try out my new belly boat (thanks Jay) but unfortunately it was too windy. Landed one 8 inch LM on a gold kastmaster and missed about 7 more fish.

M

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Sorry to get back on this one so late

dan i honestly have no idea how to fish for tiger uskies, and i haven't ever seen one in there

gotmuskie and i agree about quincy, the tigers arent as numerous in there anymore, and i think its way overrated for them....so i dont even try, just hope one bites on sometime

sorry, i had to catch up on some sleep so no cof.com for a day, haha

1 - 10 of 10 Posts