Colorado Fisherman Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

· Registered
9,379 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
It was close to 4lb id have to say. Does that sound about right to anyone?

I used one of those online fish calculators and they need the girth. I didnt get that. I used a sharpie to mark on my pole the lengh. Im guess about 11in around

-Jay

· Registered
9,379 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I was by myself. There was some dude in a boat right near me but I dont know if he was def or what....That thing jump out of the water a few times and it got me stuck in a weed bed and I was droping 'f' bombs like crazy and this dude didnt even look over once.

Oh well.

-Jay

· Registered
9,379 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Id say it could go either way. Some of the shore line is sand as far as you can wade than it turns to muck. If the fish are in alittle deeper water than wader will get you out farther. I also wade out as far is I can and turn around and cast sidways to the shore.

-Jay

· Registered
9,379 Posts
Discussion Starter · #21 ·
I always hate when people tell me this but what the hell ill tell you: Let the fish tell you what they want. What I do if im fishing plastics either texas ot carolina rigged is take a few diffrent sizes and colors and load my pocket up and wade out. Ill make about 10-15 casts per size/color than change. There are time ill cast to the same spot 5 times and nothing, But as soon as I change I get bit.

-Jay

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.