Colorado Fisherman Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

· Registered
213 Posts
I still wanna know how you guys are getting these bass while being visible to them. Seems like when I was at Quincy or the ponds at Chatfield it would be more like hunting and keeping myself hidden from then in order to catc them. I might just not use the right stuff, now when you guys are doing stuff weightless how are you retreiving them? Is it just rise and fall or are you scooting it along the bottom or near the top? I need to get a video or something that can show me how the bait is working in the water so I know what I'm doing.

· Registered
213 Posts
Jay:

I'm guessing you use waders to get past the muck and from the post about the bass hitting your leg. Will waders really help that much? I'd think it would scare the fish more being out in the water compared to just being on the land and staying out of their sight but I guess thats just as hard to do. The fish just seem so accustomed to humans its like they won't go after anything at all for me. Also where on Quincy is the best for bass? or is it all around?

· Registered
213 Posts
cool, might have to invest in some waders then. I know that casting along the shore is usually the best for results since thats where all the fish are and leaves the bait in the strike zone longer. What about bait size? would you say that in clear water like quincy and the chatfield ponds the lure should be smaller or bigger? I've been using stuff from my banjo minnow kit and I'm out of the smaller 3" fish and now have to use the 4 1/2" ones that are quite a bit bigger then the small ones and wonder if thats my problem.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.