Colorado Fisherman Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
M

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Caution: Long, boring story below.

My friend Brandin and I were going to go chase wipers at Bonny this morning, but we changed the plan. We got to Quincy at 7:00 thinking we were going to rent a boat as we had many times before. I know you are supposed to be 18 to rent, but all of the rangers have let me rent them even though I'm 17. We went into the office and began filling out the paper when the new lady ranger takes the book back and says we are too young. I put up a wimpy fight and moped on over to the dam. I came prepared since I thought I would be boating. I had my baitcat set up nicely with a Heddon Super Spook, one spinning rod with a plain silver 1/4 oz. Kastmaster, and the other spinning rod set up with a plain hook for whaky rigging Senkos. I started with the kastmaster and had no bites. Lots of fish were surfacing so I tried the spook and had no bites. Finally I switched to the Senko and had one bite, but no fish. My friend managed to reel in a fat 16 inch LMB using the Senko method. By this time it was nearly 10:00. Three hours and one fish?!?!?!?! What's with that? WE left and got some Taco Bell. Then we went to Aurora. Fished from the dam with PB and worms while casting a Ratltrap and big kastmaster. The water was crystal clear, but the fish weren't biting. There was a garter snake swimming around and he staye underwater fr a long time, then he would swim to shore, ten back out... I dunno what he was thinking. The 5 year old girl next to us caughht a trout on her snoopy rod and her dad dropped it several times trying to unhook it. Then he asked me and Brandin if we wanted it. We didn't., so he kicked the poor thing out into the lake!!! My jaw dropped. I was getting mad until he finally grabbed it and decided it wasn't going to live sop he would eat it....what a dingbat. So we headed back to Quincy to find that they were putting 5,000 stocker trout into the lake when we got there. The kids and people on the dock were having a field day. My friend and I weren't. We saw sooooooo many nice bass cruising in schools of 5 or 6, but they weren't hungry. I had a few of the fresh trout hit my Senko, but no fish.

So basically we spent 6 hours fishing and got one fish between us. I got skunked at my favorite lake. I have a horrible sunburn.

Go to Quincy if you like little trout that will bite anything, but don't keep them please. I want those to be big trout next year.

Fishing is better than other stuff even though I had a bad day.

Good luck everyone.

·
Premium Member
1,241 Posts
Well at least you got out..... Shoulda went to Bonny though. Go to Bonny when you can before the summer gets full blown. The fish should be going on an on/off mode by the weeks. If I go to Bonny again, I'm just hoping to catch it during the "on" mode.

·
Registered
9,266 Posts
Stanger.

Why do you guys always fish that part of the lake??? The dock and the dam? You should go in that enterance and goto the left, Not the right. Walk those shore lines!You'll catch ALOT more fish than you do on the dam and dock.

IMO

-Jay

M

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I have two friends I go to Quincy with. Today I went with Brandin who has no waders and we were in a lazy mood. When I'm with Trent we walk to the left around the coves and such with waders. Tomorrow I work all day, Sunday I'm going to the arsenal, and Monday I'll walk left at Q.

M

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Dan said:
Hmm the few muskie that are in that lake will be well fed.............

Dan
yeah as they were pouring the fish in today i said to brandin, "what they are doin with that truck is giving out 5000 free meals to a few muskie, a bunch of birds, and some big bass"

hehehe so true

·
Registered
24,568 Posts
Mustang fish the area where they dumped those stockers in with some big rainbow Rapalas...maybe you will turn a big hold over Musky...

1 - 8 of 8 Posts