Colorado Fisherman Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
M

·
0 Posts
Quincy is my favorite place to fish. I haven't been back since the snow, but the day before the storm I got my first bass of the season and rarely go fishless. Trout love tube jigs there. You can catch them pretty much anywhere, but my favorite places are behind the island, walking the dam, and if nobody is on it the dock is fine. Green tube jigs and blue fox spinners are the ticket. For bass I'm not sure yet, I haven't attacked the bass yet this year.

Get out there and get some fish.

·
Registered
9,266 Posts
Stang,

Wait till the bass are on thier beds. You'll catch a butt load of Bass. If the weather holds it should be a couple weeks away.

-Jay

·
Premium Member
1,241 Posts
Jay_In_Parker said:
Stang,

Wait till the bass are on thier beds. You'll catch a butt load of Bass. If the weather holds it should be a couple weeks away.

-Jay
Eh Jay.. During the peak drought years, didn't the bucketmouths start like in mid April? I dunno, just curious. I loosely remember getting reports of good largemouth fishing kickin off early back in the 1st few years of the century. I did quite a bit of largemouth fishing too in 2002 and 2003 and as I recall, the bass were on their beds by the time it was about mid to late April already. Is it just Quincy or can you help with an explanation?

Thanks in advance,
1eyeReD

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
what a rotten day.. plans got ruined never got to go, but weeza planning a full day at chatfield tomarrow. we'll post how that goes.

thanks for the trout tips though ima havta try it out, never caught anything there so im down to catch a trout.

M

·
0 Posts
Stang,

-Jay
WEll in about 7 hours I'll be taking the SAT. After that I can't decide...Quincy or Aurora? Maybe both? I was thinking of trying to nail down some pattern at Aurora for the tourney, but I guess that wouldn't help since they haven't even put the tagged ones in the water yet...Anyway, I'llrobably hit Quincy and get my bassin' on. I caught a small one before the storm and Last year I nailed the on a fire tiger (i thinks thats the pattern) daredevl.

I'll report.

·
Registered
636 Posts
Hey Stang, if you're gonna fish the Tourney at Aurora, I think the last day to register is tomorrow and you better get at the lake early. The line will be out to the street come 5:30a.m.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts