Colorado Fisherman Forum banner

1 - 20 of 50 Posts

·
Registered
16,630 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
68 in two days. Lost/missed at least 50. Bro got a 40.5"@15. And an 11. I had to settle for 4-10s and 4-9s. We split 20 8lbers also. Rest were 6-7. Maybe 4 in the 5lb range.

Landing them was the easy part. Once in the boat it was like wrestling gators. They are vicious beasts that will not stop till you are bleeding from somewhere.

After I lost a pint or 2 of finger blood until we figured out a pattern. Once in the net the catcher grabs the leader and the net guy now grabs the Boga and reaches into the net where the seething devildog is awaiting human flesh.
Slip the boga in the razor rimmed jaws and lift firmly.
No more blood after we figured it out.:D

By far the most fun with your clothes on. Or without-:p

·
Registered
16,630 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
They weigh more from a public lake!

·
Registered
11,847 Posts
I love Quincy! :wink:

Gawd, I need that trip in my life soon.

·
Registered
16,630 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
If they don't get any water soon you may not get a chance-

·
Registered
5,192 Posts
#glorywhore lol
Nice job mike

·
Registered
173 Posts
Good work on them Tigers, Slayer. Looks like fun. I am guessing that you used metal or tubes based on your usual pattern. Did you use a wire leader?

s

·
Registered
16,630 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Good work on them Tigers, Slayer. Looks like fun. I am guessing that you used metal or tubes based on your usual pattern. Did you use a wire leader?

s
Never tried metal. Never tied tubes. Big white twisters did the trick!:thumb:

Started with wire leaders. Seemed to work ok. Switched to 40 lb floro and it worked great.

·
Registered
11,176 Posts
Looks like a great time. I remember meeting Sean at the boat ramp to give Boon his rod back..and he was right when he said.."It's like fishing in an aquarium." Wish Colorado would dedicate a lake to Tigers..Heck of an experience.

And you're right..unhooking those fish was a *****. Could have used an extra set of hands.

·
Registered
2,777 Posts
NICE, NICE, VERY Nice.....
If I might be so naive?
Where is this place?

·
Registered
3,945 Posts
Dayum! I gotta get my arse to Gross! ;) That's a giant float on your "Boga." :D

1 - 20 of 50 Posts