Colorado Fisherman Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey everyone,

Thinking about fishing Quincy tomorrow before it closes for the season. Anyone else going to be there?

I'll be there on a blue fish cat 4 if I can get my butt out of bed.

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
^ Yeah I know right? Was about to head out but it looks a bit windy/breezy to be on my float tube..

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
That's what I told myself.. I just sucked it up and went anyways. Got really windy and freezing cold on the water. Only stayed for 2 hours since wind was too much to kick against. I managed to get 2 perch though..

·
Registered
514 Posts
Two Yellow Perch. First ones a good one tho!

Good job. I worked. :(

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Thanks guys!

Those are considered big perch? I never caught one before so I thought they were small..

Still need to catch a trout out here.. Anyone want to meet up and show me the ropes on that? I have Thursday and Saturday off next week..

·
Registered
5,365 Posts
No, they're not BIG... but they are pretty fish, and you got em under difficult circumstances, hence the congrats from my end. Anytime someone puts forth that kind of effort and catches a fish or two, they deserve a thumbsup....

:thumb:

Anyway, perch are some of the best tasting fish we have here in CO... And they are pretty. =) Fine job, once again, sir.

·
Registered
1,863 Posts
I fished quincy a ton this year I noticed a lot of the larger perch came out later in the season. I caught perch all year there but didn't start to catch the bigger ones til fall. I was out at quincy the same day I fished off the dame for a couple hours and only managed a trout, it was rough out there!

1 - 14 of 14 Posts