Colorado Fisherman Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
1,971 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I guess Quincy and Aurora res are not opening until March 15th for boating.
I called today they told me because there is ice still I the coves of Quincy (which is BS)
My buddy also called and they told him because of the funding for boat inspectors.. Which is crap.

:embarassed:

Just a heads.

·
Registered
1,863 Posts
pretty retarded! but good luck out there bobys
Thanks, I'd be pissed too if I had a boat to put on. Don't really understand what ice in coves would matter, and also can't imagine there being much of any ice left on quincy anyways? From what I can tell driving by it's all open

·
Registered
4,731 Posts
Hey Daniel, I'm thinkin you were 14 or 15 when I first met you at Quincy, Loooonnnngggg time ago. See you and your dad on the water!

·
Registered
1,863 Posts
They were letting boats on today if you weren't aware. Must have changed their minds. Went out for 2 hours before class this morning and got nothing but a reminder of how much I hate riding my bike

·
Registered
2,651 Posts
Do you guys walk in by the dog park or by the boat ramp?

EDIT: Just realized how dumb this question is considering the topic is regarding the boat ramp!

My brain is mush from too much work, not enough fishing.

·
Registered
7,804 Posts
Do you guys walk in by the dog park or by the boat ramp?

EDIT: Just realized how dumb this question is considering the topic is regarding the boat ramp!

My brain is mush from too much work, not enough fishing.
Doesn't matter now anyway. They closed that gate. Only one way in, and one way out now.

·
Registered
1,863 Posts
That makes it a friggin hike to fish that side of the reservoir!!!
Sure does. Better get a bike! On the plus side it keeps any fairweather fisherman and families away from that side so there is an escape. Water is as high now as the peak last year it seems, which is also a good thing cause it keeps said types of people away :cool:

·
Registered
2,651 Posts
I used to live at Buckley and Iliff, quick 5 minute drive and I could get my line wet.

Man I miss fishing that place. It's tough from shore unless you have boots or waders to walk out. Some spots you can walk out 40 feet and still be about at your knees!

I am fixing up an old Grumman canoe, that'd be a great place to get on the water with the kids.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts