Colorado Fisherman Forum banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
1,887 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anybody going out for the opening tomorrow? I'm hobbled but I can still paddle my kayak around. Anyone have any suggestions for teh ice out for trout there? Fly or spin, I'll have both.

·
Registered
98 Posts
I didnt know quincy was opening tommorrow. I usually take my fly rod and toss some wooly buggers at ice out. I'm not working on wednesday so I think I'll go and give it a try. Does anyone know If the lake is completely ice free?

·
Registered
109 Posts
Drove by there yesterday, and looked to me like the whole lake was iced except for the north end from the rangers shack to the dam- 50'-100' of open water.

·
Registered
98 Posts
I called out to aurora res. to get info on quincy, they confirmed what altitude said, some open water on the north side...mabye I'll take my flyrod and my ice rod...that should cover all situations...LOL

·
Registered
18 Posts
i am looking at it right now it is almost all ice. the only open water i can see is on the north side at the little tower they got there. but it looks like the ice by the ramp and dock is about to open up probly today or tomarrow. but even if the lake is mostly ice i wouldn't trust it any day of the year. but to anyone going out there good luck. if i was going to go out there i would go with spinning if that matters to anyone. GOOD LUCK

·
Registered
3,666 Posts
i thought they wouldn't open it if there was still ice there, i thought that they postponed the opening before because of late ice...

F

·
0 Posts
Hey Jamie I thought the same thing but called earlier and they are opening up tomorrow. Pretty wierd I just hope it isn't 20 guys casting in a little pool of open water

·
Registered
144 Posts
It's probably going to be 20 guys casting in a little pool of open water! ;D

I'll wait for a while. I'm just wondering if season passes (Aurora resident) have gone up from last year.

M

·
0 Posts
i get out of school at like 10:30 on thuursday, and u know where im going, by far my favorite lake close to home.... toss kastys, blue foxes, ur basic spinners and u can catch trout all day, i like fishing off the dam...im gonna check on the ice tomorrow and see if i can get my belly boat out thursday

·
Registered
98 Posts
I cruised by quincy today around 11:30, there were probably 20 folks fishing, mostly off the damn. There is quite a bit of open water starting from where the pipe comes in, clear down to the little tower on the damn. Plenty of room to fish. I talked to a few guys and was surprised to hear not many fish being caught. One guy said he caught a few this morning on his flyrod just to the east of the boat ramp. The sign says no float tubes allowed at this time. I think its ok to use waders although I didnt see anyone wading. I think I'll try it for a spell on THURSDAY morning.

M

·
0 Posts
no belly boats yet? hmm, ill be there before noon on thursday...tall kid, maybe a white BPS hat, i dunno, say hi if u see me

·
Registered
3,666 Posts
my girlfriend was talking about heading out there with her mom tomorrow, if ya see her mustang and your catching and she's not, give her some tips could ya.. she'll remember you from the arsenal meeting...

M

·
0 Posts
k, im pretty sure ill recognize her, ill just go up to every woman and ask, "are u jamies gf?" hehehe

but yeah if i see her ill say hi, i will be alone and i should be there just after 11

M

·
0 Posts
well just my luck, i woke up today with a 101 fever feeeling like s***, so im takin it easy

for some reaon we dont have school tomorrow, so im resting up and hopefully illbe able to go tomorrow

:-\

·
Registered
3,666 Posts
yea my girlfriend didn't make it out there either, she wants to go sunday, i told her she was crazy, i'm gonna go hit some ice somewhere. if anyone see's her, her name is shanee(pronounced shay-knee) say hi to her.

M

·
0 Posts
im itching to leave right now, feeling better, but its kinda pointless to leave this early...about an hour i think and ill just leave, for now im gonna reread every single post until my eyes bleed

I

·
0 Posts
Wow.. Easy Stang...Crazy guy, you need a fish on the end of your line, quick!! ;)

1 - 20 of 24 Posts