Colorado Fisherman Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Took my son out to Quincy today and froze. We were somewhat successful in that I caught a perch on a crank bait off the dam. Hopefully with some warmer weather the water will begin to warm and the fish will become more active.

·
Registered
2,488 Posts
Not that I'm planning on it while it's so frigid, but do they allow float tubes yet? I heard somewhere they had not given the green light yet. I was elsewhere today and dang the water's cold!

·
Registered
98 Posts
I fished quincy on THURSDAY the 16TH, It was cold and windy in the morning. I was useing my fly rod and not haveing much luck. I decided to walk to the back of the lake and found a small cove. The wind was blowing the water into the back of the cove so I decided to toss a wooly bugger under a strike indicator into the cove. As it was floating along the indicator appeard to just stop moveing so I set the hook and landed a nice fat 17 inch bass. It was the only one I caught all day but quite fun concidering I was only useing a 5x tippet.

·
Registered
75 Posts
Interesting technique for LM Bass. Would have suprised me and I'd love to catch a good size bass like that on a light weight fly rod. Sounds slow overall. I have done poorly so far this year but a ranger to me that some expert bass fisherman caught 23 bass in the east part of the lake a week ago or so.

·
Registered
98 Posts
Especially since I wasn't fishing for bass, although this is not the first time Ive caught bass at quincy on a wooly bugger.

·
Registered
89 Posts
FarCry said:
Especially since I wasn't fishing for bass, although this is not the first time Ive caught bass at quincy on a wooly bugger.
my buddy and I were there last season fishing. I was tossin out plastics, and he was fishing for trout usin an olive wooly. He pulled out a fat 14 incher on his fly rod. I was pretty surprised myself.

·
Registered
24 Posts
I was there a couple of weeks ago and caught several perch and four trout. One of the trout had something in his belly, not in his stomach. It was yellow, and kinda looked like oatmeal. It was really wierd. Has anyone else seen anything wierd like this?

1 - 11 of 11 Posts