Colorado Fisherman Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
1,716 Posts
Not sure how fast you can drive.

Couple of years ago I used to walk into Rampart to fish and a friend of mine would pot some rabbits while we walked down the trail.

·
Registered
11,176 Posts
That Guy said:
I've heard the fossil beds are OK but I've never been there personally.
It's true. I haven't hunted there for quite a few years, but the BLM land by the fossil beds is very good for both snowshoes and cottontails..Go slow and check under the pinon pines as you walk. They'll sit there and let you walk by...or....

·
Registered
838 Posts
livewell58 said:
has anybody had success at ramah?
Not worth the drive IMO. Ramah is bone dry and the yotes do a good job of keeping the population in check. You may see a few jackrabbits, but I would be surprised if you see any cottontails..

That place needs water......bad

·
Registered
189 Posts
I make a trip every February to Dodd Bridge SWA near Brush for rabbits.
Best time to go is after a fresh snow....stomp around the thickets...you'll find a few bunnies.

·
Registered
904 Posts
Used to get a lot of cottontails on Muddy Creek, just befoe Wolford Res. and just outside of Kremmling. Used to sit on the hill and wait for them to come out of the tall sage just before dark. Shot them with my 10.5" bull barrel ruger 22 with target sights @ around 80- 100 yds.

·
Registered
207 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
well..... we went yesterday and did not so much as see a rabbit. we tried pueblo and then we went to ramah. both absolute ghost towns for wildlife. saw one coyote at ramah he was fat and happy from all the rabbits he must have eaten. we were looking for the fossil beds but could not find them.

·
Registered
1,768 Posts
yo biggie, does your golf course have a name? I love air.gun hunting and my new benji only has to kills right now

·
Banned
2,918 Posts
A couple years ago I spent a lot of time scouting around Tarryall. Saw coyotes, badgers, mountain lion. Didn't see a single rabbit (or elk for that matter).

1 - 20 of 20 Posts