Colorado Fisherman Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
1,768 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Is anyone tying with raccoon fur? This is all new to me
Charlie's fly box has it on it's shelves
Did a quick google and saw all sorts of stuff, boy am I out of the loop?

·
Registered
1,768 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I'm thinking of getting some zonker Sykes cross ut strips. I think the hair may be longer than a bunny.

·
Registered
370 Posts
The ones I have are but the only thing I don't like is that the hair is looser on the strip and falls off very easily. It may be the brand, who knows, but I know I inhale more hair then what ends up on the fly.

·
Registered
1,768 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Good to know, if it sheds that much at the bench that's not a good sign for when flying 2000 MPH

·
Registered
370 Posts
Koldkut said:
Abbner said:
Very true.
It's not like you ever throw a streamer anyway....may as well send it to me so it'll see some fish lips.
You are right about my streamer throwing ability. However, I have probably tied up over 2k flies from 18 - 26 since I have been over here. I guess I'm just tired of the tying the little stuff. So, thanks to my Amazon account, I have dropped a lot on tying streamers. (I'm going to need my own plane to get all this junk back to the states)

·
Registered
6,421 Posts
Abbner said:
Koldkut said:
Abbner said:
Very true.
It's not like you ever throw a streamer anyway....may as well send it to me so it'll see some fish lips.
You are right about my streamer throwing ability. However, I have probably tied up over 2k flies from 18 - 26 since I have been over here. I guess I'm just tired of the tying the little stuff. So, thanks to my Amazon account, I have dropped a lot on tying streamers. (I'm going to need my own plane to get all this junk back to the states)
Hurry up, Dad and I need mass streamers starting the 12th of October....Chop Chop!

J/k, I've got the streamers down and will be throwing them starting real soon.

·
Registered
370 Posts
I will go over and try to take some pics of the ones I have tied up. They are not as big as those honkers you throw but hey, it's a start.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts