Colorado Fisherman Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
1,203 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
North Shore in 15 FOW with pink Radical Glow tube jigs. Took 12 out of the 15 fish we caught all day in 5.5 hours (5 slimers, 10 that were 16" or larger). Tried blue, white, pumpkin and other brands of tube jigs but it was the Radical Glow pink tube that got hammered (No Financial Interest - just telling it like it is).

There were about 3 huts on the North Shore and one party of three hutless guys. Very quiet day on the ice, unlke what it must have been last weekend. Largest went 22"+.

Slightly overcast and not terribly windy with temps in the 20's.

Bonus info for those who read this far: 11 Mile is frozen over = looks like this is the lid we've been waiting for. Maybe tomorrow for some of you lucky guys?

Some pix:

·
Registered
377 Posts
Great work _Colorado! Good report. That was nice of Slayer to let you borrow his sun glasses for the photo shoot. 8)

I'll be at thee Mile on Friday if everything goes as planned.

FC

·
Registered
6,684 Posts
Awesome! Thanks for the report. I was also there on Monday :) Fished the Green lake Area.

My most productive lure was also a small tube jig.. but Orange in Color.

Similar to this but more orange

·
Registered
6,684 Posts
_colorado said:
That's the Berkely power tail one?
It's called
"Pre-Rigged Atomic Teaser"

"Ideal for trout, panfish or crappie. Cut tentacles and trout worm provide subtle fish attracting action. Pre-rigged and ready to fish. Comes in 1/32 oz. 1/16 oz. weights."

I bought a pack at Bass pro on Thursday.. pack of 3 i believe.. and went through all 3 yesterday!! After a few nice fish the tube part usually comes off.. or you sometimes loose the little tail.

I gotta go get some more though!! :) I think they are like $4 a pack. Orange is what was working for me. I do want to get a selection of colors though :)

·
Registered
1,203 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Cut tentacles and trout worm provide subtle fish attracting action.
I think that's what made the Radical Glow tubes so effective is that their shaggy tail stayed almost perfectly separated in the water, subtly moving with the current. Very tantalizing to the fishees. Other tubes that I've used just have the shaggy tails stick together or are not very supple.

·
Registered
248 Posts
Nice fish and report Colorado.
Haven't heard much about the radical tubes thanks for the update. Always good to add to the arsenal.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts