Colorado Fisherman Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
625 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
well I managed to catch a walleye on a last minute outing today. he fought like a fish twice his size. My phone and my computer aren't playing nice but if you imagine your average jerkbait (except looks like a walleye not flourescent), stretched out to 10" and skinny as a rail you'll have the perfect image of my walleye. I sent him on his way and told him to eat his wheaties and drink his milk and call me in a few.

caught a 16" fattie trout after losing an I-dont-know-what. on trying to return the trout to the water he did a karate kid flip kick and managed to go from being hooked in the lip with one hook to having all three trebles stuck in him...dummy. got him free and sent him back with a note that there was free punch and pie for all adult walleye. it would seem that walleye don't like punch and pie...who knew? tons of action at the surface as I was trotting out 1/2 second before closing.

·
Registered
1,204 Posts
I don't know where this lake is that you speak of so I will revert to the teachings of Tom arayas fisherman cousin....
out of state don't count

·
Registered
625 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I'm afraid the lost one was a legit walleye, it stayed deep the whole time, long slow pulls instead of spastic trout flopping. damn the luck

1 - 7 of 7 Posts