Colorado Fisherman Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
okay i was fishin the arkansas by valco and i tied into what i thought was a nice rainbow. when i beached it i was kinda confused... the markings on the upper portion were like any normal rainbow but the underside and fins were bright orange. the fins had white tips and on closer inspection i saw some of the spots resembled that of a brook trout. am i just confusing this with a cutbow? it didint have the red slashes tho. i have caught rainbows and cutbows in that same spot but not like this.

S

·
0 Posts
genetically impossible.

Hmm, a report on 9lb Smallies in Valco in another post, one about finally eating the last of the bass in your freezer, and now a brookie/bow hybrid post.....

And all on your first day here.

Im beginning to think something else is in the water

·
Registered
7,804 Posts
COCarp said:
Mrwigglestheworm said:
COCarp said:
Silent_Light said:
Im beginning to think something else is in the water
TROLL!
I wanted to say it this morning, but I thought I'd let the posts play themselves out...
:D
Is it that slow on the forum?
LOL Come on, who doesn't love a good troll thread? Lots of funny stuff in 'em! :D The eating bass comment didn't blow up like I expected though.... :-\ :D

·
Registered
11 Posts
From wha I have read, the Colo. D.O.W. imported a new type of trout, called the Hofer, from Germany in 2006 to combat whirling desease and crossed them with wild river trout and a trout from a lake in Montana. Go on to the Colorado D.O.W. website and there are a few articles about the trout.

·
Registered
5,983 Posts
Fireretired said:
From wha I have read, the Colo. D.O.W. imported a new type of trout, called the Hofer, from Germany in 2006 to combat whirling desease and crossed them with wild river trout and a trout from a lake in Montana. Go on to the Colorado D.O.W. website and there are a few articles about the trout.
What in tarnation do Hofer 'bows have to do with "Brokkies"? :D

·
Registered
1,674 Posts
It was a colorfull brown trout. A brook and a rainbow cannot be cross bread. A brook trout is a char, and a raindow is a salmonid. Brook trout are not trout, niether is a lake trout a trout. they are char.

·
Registered
3,547 Posts
the "new trout" is a German hatchery bred rainbow. that is all. now maybe we will have to endure net draggers
talking about all the "German rainbows" they are catching, in addition to the "German browns", there being nothing very "German" about either one.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts