Colorado Fisherman Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hit the lakes last weekend, fished the 4th/5th lake back, near the rock scree. Risers were steady but picky till about 9 AM. Did well on a #20 Rainbow Warrior. Beautiful day for hiking and fishing.

·
Registered
6,797 Posts
thanks for the scoop

in my book any day fishing and hikeing is beautiful

glad you had a good time what are the size of the fish there and what type of trout?

·
Registered
58 Posts
Where are rainbow lakes? ??? Sounds like a good day of fishing. What kind of fish, any cuttys up there?Looking for a good hike & fishing this wknd. Welcome to the board. Work2fish is that a picture of the area? SeeYa

·
Registered
3,144 Posts

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Go north out of Nederland on 72, 6-7 miles. Look for the sign for the CU Mountain Research Center. Take a left on CR 116. From there it's 5 miles of dirt road to the campground. Trail parking is at the back. I usually fish the two lakes near the rock scree. about a half mile after the creek crossing. The trail, as work2fish mentioned, can be rough in spots. I usually pack my gear in and setup pondside. I've only caught brookies, they say up to 12", but in my experience nothing bigger than 9. It's a great hike and some fun fishing, definitely worth spending a day checking it out.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts