Colorado Fisherman Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
2,240 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What is your favorite rainbow trout swimbait? I'm looking for something that will catch some pike at spinney and lakers at granby. I found a couple that I like but they're crazy pricey. What would be the ideal size?

·
Registered
2,240 Posts
Discussion Starter #3 (Edited)
the cost is a byproduct of fishing. my swims are $10 and up
Lol believe I spend tons of money on fishing stuff. $10 ain't bad. Most of what I saw was way more than ten bucks so I was just wondering if you guys had any better input. These past couple years I dove into the fly fishing and have sort of neglected my spinning gear so I wanna get back into it for a little. Not that I'm ever setting down the fly rod tho. So what is your favorite? How big should I go?

·
Registered
902 Posts
those dynamic jointed deals look and swim amazing. ive trolled it for a lakers for a bit. got one. waiting to get a lunker on it then see if theyll trade some more lures for the picture ;] waiting for fall to try casting it. may have to give it a go at spinney in the meantime...

·
P I K E
10,117 Posts
those dynamic jointed deals look and swim amazing. ive trolled it for a lakers for a bit. got one. waiting to get a lunker on it then see if theyll trade some more lures for the picture ;] waiting for fall to try casting it. may have to give it a go at spinney in the meantime...
LMAO! Those dynamic jointed deals?? I figured you to use that pretty colored stuff that looks like Playdough with the shiny stuff mixed in it, or those little red round squishy things that come in that jar with a green cap!!! :biggrin1:

Usually 6"-8" swimbaits are best. The BBZ's, Hudds, Dynamic Fury's and Dynamos are prolly the cheaper ones that work fine. Then you can go for broke with the 3:16's, Jerry Rago trout and the Mattlures. These are great but I chit my pants just taking them out of my box! Get the right equipment( rod and reel), search for right techniques then get out and beat the water learning to use them, they are a kick in the AZZ!!! Read some of FishDR.'s threads on his swimbait exploits, some great stuff. Here is a site for the lookin...wishbook!!!

http://www.swimbaitcity.com/

·
Registered
902 Posts
LMAO! Those dynamic jointed deals?? I figured you to use that pretty colored stuff that looks like Playdough with the shiny stuff mixed in it, or those little red round squishy things that come in that jar with a green cap!!! :biggrin1:
plan ol green seems to be the ticket for pike ::)

·
Registered
217 Posts
I need to pick up some of the newer swimbaits

a nickel to you if you can name them all.... anyone

I dont even no what the second one from the right is

1 - 14 of 14 Posts