Colorado Fisherman Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
332 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Went to Ruedi a week back targeting Trout...Had some great success with Rainbow Trout! Water was cold but no Ice yet, just snow on all the banks on the south side of the Res. It's been really warm on the Western Slope after that storm hit the state a few weeks back...IDK if anything will be ice fishable for another few weeks over here. Maybe up toward the Meeker area?:(

I did a catch and cook video for smoked trout and also got my first drone footage of us fishing and of the gorgeous scenery! Link is Below!:thumb:

https://youtu.be/wgLgfm6l3Ic

·
Registered
631 Posts
Very cool. One of these years I want to fish the Frying Pan river.
Both me and you and I think we better be there at 4am to get on the river and not catch a fish till the sun comes up but that's what you have to do when it comes to that OVER pressured river.

·
Registered
332 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
It wasn't too bad the morning we drove up there, but it was a little chillier...During the summer/spring it can be hard finding a decent spot up there!! I usually just avoid it completely.

·
Registered
16,622 Posts
did you get any perch in Ruedi? I heard some nice ones in there.

·
Registered
332 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
did you get any perch in Ruedi? I heard some nice ones in there.
no sadly :'( My GF caught 2 rainbows really quick off the 1/16oz ned rig, so I tossed that on for a while and worked around our area in the video, hoping to maybe land into one...no perch. We had a small kokanee get off, otherwise it was ALL Rainbows that day. Harvey/Rifle gap have nice perch too, waiting for that to freeze over to have a nice perch fish fry!!;D

1 - 7 of 7 Posts