Colorado Fisherman Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
M

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I went o Chatfield today with three other guys and this girl Kim. She had never been fishing before and I was thinking as I got there this wouldn't be a good day to show ehr the ropes. We braved the wether at the dog ponds and nailed the fish. Kim caught the most!!!!!!!!!! She caught ten or fifteen lil bass and sunfish. I caught 6 and my buddies got one or two apiece. The bass like tube jigs and plain old nightcrawlers. What a fun day....always fun to have a girl along who doesnt get impatient, she was a blast. We got her to bait her own hook, dehook the fish, and even hold them for a picture, haha, now thats my kinda girl. I also caught the smallesty largemouth ever, the tube jig was bigger than him...literally. and i dont know why im smiling so funny.

Tiny.

Decent. Whats that??? me using a swivel.. unheard of. I didnt think we were gonna get much so i wanted to try a bunmch of stuff.

M

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
BTW, are the bassies spwaning at all? I caouldnt see them so I wasn't purposely doing that, but On the med. sizer I cast at some structure and literally before my bail was even close he took it, so I'm wondering if I caast right on top of him and he got pissed???

No purposeful spwaning bass hunting here, and all fishies were released after the pics.

·
Registered
9,266 Posts
Nice post bro. Good to see you sharing your knowledge with others who are willing to learn!!!!

-Jay

·
Premium Member
4,229 Posts
Nice pics, sounds like you had a great time, I might have to give the ponds a try, see if you can keep that lady around for a while, doing all that on her first time out means she has real potential! :)

Dan

·
Registered
35 Posts
hehe id be cheesin too if i caught a monster like that ;D

the dog ponds?..are these the north side or south side ponds?

we also went to the field around 7pm, when we left aurora it was pooring but i guess the fish gods came with us because the rain turned off when we got there and we also brought a chica with us but she won't fish with us.. her reason is that shes afriad she'd out fish us and never be asked to go again, but that would never happen so we'll keep trying..

anyway we went to the handicap peer point on the main lake. we didnt have any bait and all stores were closed so we did some lure fishing. buddy josh used a blue/silver rattle trap and caught 3 smallmouth (6-8"). i used black/silver rattletrap a got 2 smallmouth also about 6" each, and derek used a black and gold sectioned rapala, he only got one but it was the biggest at 13". all were caught in the first hour, we stayed another 2 with no luck o well didnt get skunked

before we started fishing we checked out that cove by the inlet (kingsomething shore i cant remember). it looked like the carp are spawning in there.

thanks for the report stang nice fish too

keith

·
Registered
9,266 Posts
tokersfriendly said:
the dog ponds?..are these the north side or south side ponds?

If you go in the main station and go left and head over the dam past the spillway those are the ones stanger is talking about(I think)

-Jay

M

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
her reason is that shes afriad she'd out fish us and never be asked to go again, but that would never happen so we'll keep trying
haha, yeah, kim outfished us, but we werent mad, we were crackin up, a great day, couldnt believe it

·
Registered
110 Posts
I agree Slayer. Be careful Mustang, at first they let you go fishing when ever you want. Then the noose slowly tightens.

·
Registered
24,511 Posts
Our first forum wedding!

You may now lip hook the bride...and I pronounce you fisherman and fishing widow...

·
Registered
16,566 Posts
Yeah,and you can invite all us forum members!I can see it all-bachelor party with lots of booze and hookers and stuff.Then the reception would have the same stuff -a blowout of a party!Yee-Haw...

M

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
someone has to sign for the strippers, im still only 17, haha

M

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
go in the wadsworth entrance, take a left at the stopsign, keep going and going and going over the dam, there will be parking lots on the left, park in the second one, dont go during the middle of a weekend or something, go on a rainy day or early or late, keep outta the dogs way, find a lil cove and the owners will be nice and try to keep the dogs from bothering u

1 - 14 of 14 Posts