Colorado Fisherman Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
357 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Fun time fishing in the rain with my son. Saw a lot of folks fishing the new pond. Wanted to get some fish for the freezer.

·
Registered
357 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
We did get some good sized gills. All the cats were on crawlers. No bites till sundown, thenit was on.

·
Registered
2,180 Posts
Nice job!

·
Registered
357 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I hope so..... Ranger came by and checked my license and talked for a while with me while i was fishing. He never said anything.

·
Registered
1,421 Posts
I hit a south central front range pond sunday too. The damned stocking truck had been there recently. Good midge hatch between showers. Lots of dinky stockers. Switched to streamers in hopes of better fish. Caught two 13-14" bobos on a pearl icedub pistole pete when it started to hail, they ignored the black semiseal leech that was trailing it. So much for the dark day dark fly theory.. After that the stockers started to rise to midges again. My hands where pretty much frozen so I headed in. Had the spinning rod in the car with a lindy rig, found a jar of power bait on the shore and some worms crawling around. baited it up chucked it out and stuck it in the rod holder of the toon while I sat in the car and thawed out my hands before loading up. Had a small perch that terminally swallowed the hook when I went out to load up. Had a couple of perch nuggets with dinner.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts