Colorado Fisherman Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
833 Posts
I'd check it out on Google Earth first, if I were you....

·
Registered
1,204 Posts
If you don't look it up first and just go make sure you bring a four wheeler or a mountain bike or something. They probably have some sweet jumps...

·
Registered
11,176 Posts
From my understanding, it's had water for the past three years and was stocked with bluegill, largemouths and a few cats. This information came from a lady I met at my doctor's office. She lives near there. She also said that it was still totally dependent upon snowfall and rain water. No supplemental water is available.

Years ago, it was a great walleye/catfish lake. Then, it dried up. When it re-filled, it was a fantastic big pike lake..pike were planted to eat all of the bullheads that someone had stocked and had taken over the lake. I was there as it again dried up and many, many 30 to 40 inch pike died in the mud. The last time I was there, if a bird flew over the water, which was only two to three feet deep at the time, the lake would erupt with pike swirling everywhere. Must be an imprinted response to birds.

Now, I don't imagine any pike exist, no walleye and not enough cats. But, you never know unless you try.

·
Registered
25 Posts
If the wind isn't too bad you can fish from shore. Very weedy. Blue gill and a lot of small bass is all I catch there.

·
P I K E
10,163 Posts
man that is still just a puddle of what it used to be, like Hobie said at one time was one of the best pike lakes around. We went there and witnessed the pike rotting in the mud and broke my heart, haven't been back since!

·
Registered
2,180 Posts
sounds like a success story for our beloved CPW.....hope they don't go to this extreme to rid the state of any and all non native fish.

>:D:bounce:

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Thanks guys for the feedback. I will try my chances somewhere else this weekend. Thinking on Lake Pueblo. Not many options where i am at.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts