Colorado Fisherman Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone know if Rampart Reservoir is open to ice fishing this season?  Or, Nichols Reservoir below it?

·
Registered
16,571 Posts
I was told by the people who run Rampart(C-Springs?) that ice fishing is not allowed. However you CAN ice fish Nichols.

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks SlayerFish. I will put a call into the appropriate C. Springs authority and find out for sure. Will let everyone know what I find out.

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Just checked with the DOW and both Rampart and Nichols Reservoirs near Woodland Park are closed to ice fishing. Bummer...

·
Registered
16,571 Posts
Theres a little lake over the hill from the dam called Stanley that a friend told me has 15" brookys in it. We tried to get there one winter but got lost and walked around for 5 hrs till we ended up back at the dam.

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
There is a Stanley Reservoir a couple of miles to the NorthEast of Rampart on the topo map. Maybe that is what you friend was talking about. It drains into the same watershed as Rampart, so it's probably off limits too.

·
Registered
16,571 Posts
Thats the one.We didnt have a map when we tried to find it.I'm sure you can ice fish that one.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts