Colorado Fisherman Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

· Registered
2,901 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I called the Forest Service today-the road to the res. was supposed to open tomorrow. They've moved the opening to 5/13 because of snow and ice on the road and most of the res. is still iced over. This should be real good fishing for lakers, browns and bows when it opens. One other thing-I see where they have opened up the boat ramp this year. You can't go across the dam to the ramp in a closed van (explosives?) but you can in other vehicles. This is great news. If you see a guy up there with a white dog in the bow, thats me. ;D Ed

· Registered
2,901 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
I fish Rampart with just two lures-a suspending jerk and a grub on a football or stand-up head. Thats it. I like the LC Pointer and the Rogue for jerks-these are especially good during low light periods. The middle of the day I throw a single tail or boot tail grub on a 1/4 to 3/8 oz . These fish have been under the ice all winter, they're hungry and they ain't that picky!! ;D Ed

· Registered
2,901 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
They are overpopulated in Rampart. That and the lake doesn't seem to have much forage. The bigger macks just feed on the stockers, I'm sure, but the 14-19" group get stuck there because they are probably not big enough to feed on all but the smallest stocked fish. So what they need, IMHO, is to add to the forage-say emerald shiners or fathead minnows. But this lake is a big prt of the water supply for CS and I'm sure they are afraid to make a mistake and introduce something they later regret. Ed

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.