Colorado Fisherman Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
C

·
0 Posts
I used to hoof it down to those lakes below rampart and it is a hike! I used to do real well on stockers but then they stopped stocking with the whirling disease. I have not gone in 6 years. Itis real pretty and you have the whole place to yourself. I had one visit from the warden once there. It must have been a slow day for him!

·
Registered
23 Posts
CptHook - was that Nichols Reservoir you were talking about below Rampart? I heard that was off-limits for ice fishing also from the Forest Service recently.

·
Premium Member
10,399 Posts
Is skaguay closer? Tarryall is closer but not by much, but from the reports seems to be fishing better then 11mile.

·
Registered
1,205 Posts
Skaguay is a bit closer than 11 Mile, but not more than 10 minutes closer. While it is a good fishery it is nothing like 11 Mile and you access the lake from the boat ramp. Then you begin your walk to everywhere.

Though I've never seen any pike I remember a report from last year that a couple were taken from Skaguay.

C

·
0 Posts
Don't know the name of reservoir but sounds like its agood idea to check with someone in the know before going!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts