Colorado Fisherman Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
417 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My son and I headed to Rampart tody armed with surf rods and sucker meat, in search of big macks. As soon as we parked by the dam a ranger kicked us out of the park so road crews could stripe the new blacktop. How the hell they are going to stripe a road in the snow I don't know!!! We decided to hike into the inlet and walk to a spot. We had 4 bites on sucker meat, but none stuck. I had pretty nice sized fillets on looking for bigger fish, so I assume the hits were from smaller fish. We caught one Rainbow on garlic worms on the smaller rod. It was snowing sideways the whole time, and walking out with surf gear sucked, but it was better than work! Once the dam is open we will stick it to the lakers! I will post pic's sunday from work, my computer at home is still being difficult!

·
Premium Member
10,399 Posts
Man that sucks, cant believe they made you leave. If I ever have a free day anymore I hope to run into you at rampart for them lakers.... The catamounts are opening this weekend and I wanted to head up there but will be too busy to get away yet again.

·
Registered
82 Posts
That is a bummer...what is there to even sripe? There is a left and a right. At least the inlet was still available for access.

lost fisherman said:
what are the "catamounts"?
They are on the way up the Pikes Peak Tollway.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts