Colorado Fisherman Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2,052 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hit the Rainbow Trial again today to fish the Rampart inlet. Water level is higher than last week. About 3" of snow last night. Tried the afternoon because was only 10 degrees at my house this morning. Caught one 11 inch rainbow on floater Rapala. Tried bait, Thomas Bouyants, Long Cast Rapalas, and Kastmasters. Nothing else. Guess the cold front and snow turned them off. I'll be back there in a week or two. Once the ice starts to break up and melt, some big lakers should come in shallow. Gonna have to walk if you want to fish, they don't open the main road and boat ramp until the end of May.

·
Registered
2,052 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
From the inlet out to the ice is about 200 yards. Might refreeze around the edges with this little cold snap. But the incoming water will keep it open for good fishing.

·
Registered
2,052 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
If I remember right the big sign with all the Colorado Springs Utilities rules said May 23. Last couple of years it cost $5 to get in. Think they have a season pass which is good for Manitou Lake also.

·
0 Posts
Thanks elkdeerbear we were up there last year on opening day I just could'nt remember the date.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts