Colorado Fisherman Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
341 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Me and my girlfriend took off for the mountains this weekend and did some kayak fishing up at Rampart Reservoir. We tangled with some Rainbow trout and had a blast. We kept 2 of them that were gut hooked and enjoyed them with some mashed potatoes Saturday night. The Waldo Canyon Fire damage is still very evident up there but it's still a beautiful park. All in all a great time on the water!

·
Registered
341 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
No, it's not a Hobie. Those are awesome, but a real pain to put on the roof of your vehicle (Heavy). Mine is an Ocean Kayak Trident 11 that I rigged out to be my fishing boat!

·
Registered
1,716 Posts
Can you drag a boat to the water from the camp ground?
I have seen some boats along the shore near the West end.

·
Registered
902 Posts
I was sore for three days after hiking my spare battery up the hill from the water to the campground at the fee station. I drove the boat back to the stairs to load it. That hike killed me with the battery. My stubborn self tried to power up it without a stop. There's about a 100 feet stretch that is really steep on the last quarter stretch that made me stop. It was kinda sketchy leaving the trolling motor and good battery with the canoe on shore overnight but it was okay.

·
Registered
341 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
We just kept the kayaks on the roof of my Jeep and drove them down near the boat launch and hand launched them below the stairs (the boat launch is closed for 2013). We walked the trail from Thunder Ridge campground down to the water and it was a little hike, I don't think I'd want to do it with a boat unless it was a very light and easy to portage/carry canoe or kayak.

·
Registered
1,290 Posts
earplug NO. i remember talking to you from my canoe after watching you eskaleg it across the dam damn.... best place is the steps vs the obvious boat ramp which is not open..

1 - 10 of 10 Posts