Colorado Fisherman Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
1,716 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Walked down with the dogs,
Lake level is down over twenty feet from August.
I fished along the North side of the inlet, caught a nice Brown on a Kastmaster, had a fish follow a tube and that was it.

·
Registered
11,176 Posts
Unless things have changed, you can access the lake using The Rainbow Gultch Trail until ice up. Just can't go out on the ice.

·
Registered
1,716 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Rainbow gulch trail

Its a 30-40 minute walk down to the lake. Pleasant part of the day.
We used to mountain bike down the trail and around the lake, about 12 miles.
One of my dogs went swimming, so I suspect it won't freeze soon.

·
Registered
910 Posts
I've hit into lakers off the point of the cove near #20, and trout further in. My recollection is that the south side isn't quite as hilly a hike as the north, but north has more nooks and crannies.

Good job Earplug. I haven't been there since the fire, should go

http://www.teamtelecycle.com/maps/rampart.html

·
Registered
11,176 Posts
We've rode the trail around the lake four times and hiked it once. At 14 miles it's a pretty long hike around. As far as riding..Not a big fan of the trail. No real flow especially on the north side of the reservoir. Much better places to ride.

·
Registered
16,618 Posts
Ive always wanted to fish there. Just may do it next week-

·
Registered
2,878 Posts
I've fished the inlet area in the dead of winter and its open unless we get a real cold snap. Not open real far-maybe 50 yds but you do have open water there most of the time.

·
Registered
1,964 Posts
Try the stream going down. I used to work the stream and had good success. It sometimes has nice sized browns at times (some up to 18") and occasionally good sized brookies (biggest I caught & released was 14" floating a half night crawler with no weight). Haven't done it in a few years though, but it makes the walk more enjoyable and at times the fishing was better than the actual inlet in late fall, early winter.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts