Colorado Fisherman Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
W

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Went to rampart today,fishing was vary slow in the morning. I used every fly in my box and nothing. So I ended up getting lazzzzzzy and just threw some nyphs and a bobber. I watched that thing for about 10 minutes then swoop!!! had one on broke my hook though. Threw out another and again had one on. I didn't set the hook in time lost him,or her my next 3 cast I caught 2 bo bo's and a brown, Didn't know that they had browns in rampart!Well here's a pic it is a small fish but was lots of work. Did any one know that the stream you walk by when going down to rampart has brookies in it?By the inlet.

·
Registered
6,797 Posts
i bet it was tastey them smaller ones ussualy taste better anyway

·
Registered
1,716 Posts
Took the family for a walk and shore fishing on Sat the 1st. We didn't get a bite.
Did see small 13-15" Lakers along the shore. Fish wern't excited by anything we tossed at them.
Two years ago I had good luck tossing worms on split shot rigs. This was near the inlet. Walking down Rainbow trail.
Have to admit I'm not crazy about eating Lake Trout.

·
Registered
1,203 Posts
Hey Earplug,

Were you the family on the bikes or the couple with two kids walking back to the car around 1PM? I was the runner with the light blue water pack. It sure was gorgeous up there, wasn't it?

1 - 5 of 5 Posts